There is something about maturing that changes an appetite.
I never would’ve thought I’d eat avocado and now I eat eggplant too!
What is the world coming to?
I first dabbled in eggplant when I made Eggplant Rollatini.
This time I tried Eggplant Parmesan and it became my new favorite Eggplant recipe ~ as if I had so many to choose from before!
You will need:
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs (any flavor)
- 2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Set oven control to broil. Generously spray both sides of each eggplant slice with cooking spray. Place on rack in broiler pan. Broil with tops 4 to 5 inches from heat about 10 minutes, turning once, until tender.
- While eggplant is broiling, mix Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs; toss with oil.
- Heat spaghetti sauce in 1-quart saucepan over medium heat about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until heated through. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese over eggplant slices. Spoon bread crumb mixture over cheese. Broil about 1 minute or until cheese is melted and crumbs are brown. Top eggplant with spaghetti sauce and remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
Have a great weekend!